Tuesday, September 12, 2017
Hosted by the ladies over at The Broke and the Bookish.
1. Morning Glory by LaVyrle Spencer -- Published 1989
2. The Rake by Mary Jo Putney -- Published 1989
3. Dreaming of You by Lisa Kleypas -- Published 1994
4. It Had To Be You by Susan Elizabeth Phillips -- Published 1994
5. Lord of Scoundrels by Loretta Chase -- Published 1995
6. Texas Destiny by Lorraine Heath -- Published 1997
7. My Dearest Enemy by Connie Brockway -- Published 1998
8. The Viscount Who Loved Me by Julia Quinn -- Published 2000
9. A Summer to Remember by Mary Balogh -- Published 2002
10. An Affair to Remember by Karen Hawkins -- Published 2002
Friday, September 8, 2017
Hosted by Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer. Each week the hop will start on a Friday and end on Thursday. There will be a weekly prompt featuring a book related question. The hop's purpose is to give bloggers a chance to follow other blogs, learn about new books, befriend other bloggers, and receive new followers to your own blog.
Have you ever bought a book because you liked its cover art? (submitted by Billy @ Coffee Addicted Writer)
Mackie Doyle is not one of us. Though he lives in the small town of Gentry, he comes from a world of tunnels and black murky water, a world of living dead girls ruled by a little tattooed princess. He is a Replacement, left in the crib of a human baby sixteen years ago. Now, because of fatal allergies to iron, blood, and consecrated ground, Mackie is fighting to survive in the human world.I'm not usually into creepy books, but I was intrigued by this cover the moment that I saw it on a table at Borders (RIP!). I bought right then and there. And, happily, I ended up really enjoying the story.
Mackie would give anything to live among us, to practice on his bass or spend time with his crush, Tate. But when Tate's baby sister goes missing, Mackie is drawn irrevocably into the underworld of Gentry, known as Mayhem. He must face the dark creatures of the Slag Heaps and find his rightful place, in our world, or theirs.